Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Chili Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Cream Yumminess

So, I'm going to be getting tortured at the dentist tomorrow. Remember that post about my sucky teeth? Well, I'll be making my dentist richer tomorrow.

While my latest craft project is still drying, I'm going to share something I made a couple of nights ago. Talk about yummy! And it looked super fancy, and was super easy. Remember when I talked about Operation: Better Wife? Part of that is trying out new recipes. Hubby's absolute favorite thing is when I try new recipes, instead of my normal 2 week rotation of meals.

I found this recipe in a magazine called Taste of Home. My grandmother got me a subscription to it for Christmas one year. At first, I wasn't sure about a recipe magazine (I'm not the biggest fan of cooking) but now I (and hubby) LOVE it, so she renews my subscription every year. 

Chili Roasted Salmon with Cilantro Cream


Ingredients

    •    4 tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
    •    4 Garlic Cloves
    •    2 tsp Chili Powder
    •    2 tsp Ground Cumin
    •    3 tsp Olive Oil
    •    4 5oz skinless Salmon Fillets
    •    1 1/2 cups Frozen Whole Kernel Corn (thawed)
    •    1 medium Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced
    •    1 Poblano Pepper, thinly sliced
    •    1/2 medium Red Onion (whole) thinly sliced
    •    1/3 cup Light Sour Cream
    •    2 tbsp Cilantro  

Directions
1. Preheat Oven to 425. Mist 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray. In a small baking dish, mix together 2 Tbsp lime juice with garlic, chili powder, cumin, and 1 tsp Olive oil. Add salmon, turn to coat, let sit.


2. In a medium bowl, toss corn, peppers and onion with 2 tsp of olive oil. Transfer to one of the baking sheets and spread in a single layer.


3. Remove salmon from marinade and arrange on second baking sheet. Drizzle corn mixture with remaining salmon marinade. Season salmon and corn with salt and black pepper to taste and roast 8-10 minutes until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are tender.


4. Mix together sour creme, cilantro and remaining lime juice. Season with salt to taste. Spoon corn onto plates and add salmon. Drizzle creme over fish.

*Edit*
-I didn't have a red onion (so much for reading the ingredient list before I went shopping) so I used a white onion and it was fine.
-I also used a can of corn, instead of frozen corn.
-I also had to cook my salmon almost twice as long.
-I also put the veggies on low broil for the last couple of minutes.
-Oh, and I didn't use fresh lime juice. I just used that green bottle of lime juice you can get for a buck.

So you're looking at a super easy meal. My magazine says it's 444 calories per serving.

Hubby LOVED it. So go me!


Photobucket

Linking up to my FIRST food parties!

14 people love me:

jandjhome said... [Reply to comment]

I'm not much of a cook, but these look delicous. I may have to try it.

Jenn @ Peas and Crayons said... [Reply to comment]

Looks fabulous!! Look at you rocking the Wednesday food post! =) I'm in love! come over and cook this for me anytime dear =)

Thanks for partying over at p&c jen!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Tammy @ Type A said... [Reply to comment]

omg! this looks so good! you need to do a cookbook. xx

Tiffany said... [Reply to comment]

That looks and sound delicious!! I might have to try this sometime, but just for myself though, my hubby and kids are so anti-trying anything new...

Designed by Chance said... [Reply to comment]

That looks soooo good! I might have to try it, to bad hubby doesn't like salmon (it's torture).

Five Seconds From Crazy said... [Reply to comment]

I love salmon and could eat it for every meal if given the chance! And I go nutty for cilantro and don't trust anyone who doesn't like it.
This sounds pretty much epic.

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That looks delicious! Taste of Home is the greatest recipe magazine out there. The recipes are simple and normal without any weird ingredients that require a trip to the store.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

That looks delicious! Taste of Home is the greatest recipe magazine out there. The recipes are simple and normal without any weird ingredients that require a trip to the store.

Thanks for sharing!

Hello Jessica Lynn said... [Reply to comment]

I love to try new recipes!!

Happy Thursday! I am blog hopping today and I am so happy I got to stop by your blog!!

Please come by and visit either or both of my blogs and become a follower (if you aren't one already):

So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

Jessicas Lil Corner is my family blog at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

Have a very blessed Thursday!! :0)

Christina said... [Reply to comment]

Love this recipe! I need to eat more salmon and think this sounds amazing!

grammy and papi said... [Reply to comment]

Recipe sounds great and the picture is yummy looking. Thank you for sharing. I need to try it.

Have a God Filled Day
Shirley

Michelle said... [Reply to comment]

Holy crap, that recipe looks so good! I definitely need to try it out.

Emily Carter said... [Reply to comment]

Sounds delicious, thanks for linking up!

Angie said... [Reply to comment]

I love Taste of Home, but I love its sister even more: Simple and Delicious. All the recipes are under 30 min. cooking (and usually prep) time. Love, love, love it!